Job Description - The Role
TicketSource is an online ticket sales system which enables Event Organisers to sell tickets for events large and small across the country. The TicketSource system provides an easy-to-use online sales mechanism for the public to purchase tickets whilst providing Event Organisers a fully integrated box office management tool to record and report on their ticket sales. TicketSource provides support for over 20,000 Event Organisers in the UK, Europe and the US to help set up and maintain their online ticket sales and also provides a telephone Box Office service.
TicketSource is continually looking to improve the functionality and features of the TicketSource website and platform to keep ahead of our competitors. This makes our in-house development team critical to the on-going success of our company.
The Graduate Developer/Placement will gain knowledge in both front-end and back-end development and assist to create a platform that is dynamic and responsive for both Customers seeking to purchase tickets and Event Organisers wanting to sell tickets.
Working as part of a growing team, the Graduate Developer/Placement also provides technical support to service users (Event Organisers). Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work with tight deadlines, are key attributes of this individual.
Assist the Senior Developer to:
- Work on projects including system improvements and feature development, website enhancements and functionality;
- Monitor site technical performance and web server;
- Analyse, review and modify web systems by designing, maintaining, documenting, testing, developing and monitoring;
- Monitor industry trends, technologies and standards and be able to research, recommend and apply new technologies that emerge;
Technical Support for External Users:
- To provide a friendly and professional service to our customers at all times.
- To answer inbound technical support enquiries by phone, email and live chat and provide clear advice and guidance to TicketSource users.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your acts and omissions and to comply with all health and safety legislation as appropriate.
- As a term of your employment you may be required to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required of you, commensurate with your grade or general level of responsibility within the company.
Hours of work:
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Standard working hours are Monday to Friday, 9am – 5.30pm (37.5 hours per week)
- Some out of hours work will be required, including working a Saturday on a rotational basis (approximately one in five Saturdays) and the occasional evening until 7pm
Salary and Benefits
- Front end and back end development experience. Experience of seamless integration of front-to-back end functionality.(Essential)
- Practical experience with some or all of the following: HTML, CSS, PHP, JAVA SCRIPT (JQERY), SQL, IIS, WINDOWS SERVER ENVIRONMENT. (Essential)
- Experience in customer service (preferably phone based).(Essential)
- Good attention to detail and problem solving skills. (Essential)
- Have excellent English communication skills (written & verbal) with the ability to express technical concepts clearly and concisely. (Essential)
- Ability to analyse and interpret information. (Essential)
- To work as part of a team. (Essential)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalence experience. BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred.(Essential for Graduate position)
- An interest in the arts/entertainment industry.(Desirable)
- The position is offered as a permanent full time contract.
- This position will be subject to a six-month probationary period.
- The Salary is £20,000 per annum
- Staff will be able to access the company profit share scheme once probationary period has been completed.
- Workplace pension
YEAR IN INDUSTRY PLACEMENT
Restrictions / Screening
- The position is offered as a full-time position for one year.
- The Salary is £14,000 per annum
- Workplace pension.
Candidates must have permission to work in the UK
Nature of Business:
Emma Baudinette, Operations Manager, TicketSource
To apply, please send your CV with cover letter to